Nanjappa Polytechnic College, formerly named as Nanjappa Institute of Technology, was founded by the tirupur education foundation in october 1982 (vide G. O. MS.NO 2286 dated 19.10.1982) for the purpose of imparting technical education to rural people in the area. We are the special distinction of being the first self financing polytechnic approved by the Govt of Tamilnadu as well as All India Council for technical education, among all the self financing polytechnics in Tamilnadu. The institution started- functioning at morattupalayam near tirupur in 1982 and was later shifted to the present premises at karumathampatti in 1989, vide Government order 1002 dated 7.8.89. The sponsor of the institute, the tirupur education foundation, which has educationalists in this part of the state, is running successfully various reputed educational institutions including tamilnadu college of engineering, and park college of engineering and technology at karumathampatti.
Late Thiru. M.Nanjappa B.Com was the former managing trustee of the trust, presently Dr. P.V. Ravi, a noted educationalist and founder of many instituions, is the managing trustee many whose guidance and management, the institution is growing from strength to strength.
Great things in business are never done by one person, they are done by a team of people.